A Drain Life

Friday, April 21, 2006

Moments...

In about 3 days time, I will be back in school for my final year of poly life. Time really flies. Throughout these 2 years, there are so many things that happened to me in poly. Good and bad, sad and happy, regrets and thanks God I did it!

Before I entered poly, I told myself that I would not want to be in any CCA. I just wanted to excel in my studies. However my words did not come true! 2 months back I was in liked 3 CCAs plus some outside activities.

I started joining recreational volleyball in NP in year 1. All I wanted was some exercise to keep my body healthy... But by end of year 1, I was appointed as the President of NYAA Chapter... Many of you many may think how the hell from a volleyball member turned into a Chapter President right? Some of you may even feel that I wanted the position very much...

Actually I do not really like it... When I assumed the post, all I wanted was to repay what NYAA has given to me the past few years. As for how I become President, it is a long story. To cut short, someone approached me for assistance and this is how it happened.

After becoming President of Chapter and settling pretty well in NP, my interest in canoeing started pestering me. It has been a dream for me to do canoeing competitively and as a regular sport since JC days. However I was not given the opportunity due to the fact that I was in the school volleyball team. Anyway I started Canoe Polo at the end of year 1 and as well Canoe Sprinting. Initially I went to canoe polo training but after sometimes I discovered I prefer sprinting due to various reasons.

Besides canoeing, I was also involved in the wakeboard team... At this point of time, you may think I am crazy right? Yes indeed I feel I am crazy! Totally out of mind come to think about it.

Finally the equilibrium gave way! I lost control of all the things... My life starts to change... I seldom have a social life even if I have, my socializing timing is liked after 12am. I start to neglect my gf and get stress out with my studies easily... I have to give up one training when I need to train for another sport or when I need to do some planning in the committee.

I start to look back and I started to regret many moments... Moments of going to the beach, clubbing or drinking with the sprinters... I still remember the first time when we supposed to meet for drinks at Villa Bali after exams, I got myself injured and landed in hospital... When the sprinters went clubbing, I was mugging like mad for exams, and those days of going to the beach...

Besides going with sprinters to the beach, clubbing and drinking, I regret most that I was not beside YOU when you were with them at those places. I also regret that I did not spend more time with YOU... and do more things together...

Sometimes I just wish there is a time machine that I can go back to the old days and correct things...

Footnote: Moments of Regrets, Moments of Lost...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home