A Drain Life

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Happening Weekend Part 1

Woke up at 8am last friday and headed down to Punggol to collect boat. Afterwhich I met Kelvin at Uncle Patrick's kelong. Basically a group of childcare teachers went to the kelong to celebrate Teachers' Day! They also had sailing done! Guess who followed me? Chris! He was pretty terrific initially with all the engine noise and the choppy sea but after awhile he was used to it! At the kelong, he jumped down into the water for a swim. hahahaha...
Chris trying to get a tan!
Taking a break after a long drive!
Felt so refresh after a swim!
Beside Chris had his fun, I also had mine! Check this out!
Wanna hop on for a ride?
Dun I just look hot?
After settling that group, I headed down to ECP to lay the swim lane for the NB aquathlon. Reached there like 3.30pm and it ended at 6.30pm! Freaking tiring thing to do. The stupid boat engine could not be trimmed up and down. I had to anchor my boat in the sea and swim to shore to prevent my prop from being grounded. It's so irritating!
The stupid engine broke down when I was on my way back! Arghh... All of a sudden the engine ceased and I started it again, it can only travel at 1000rpm. Anything more than that, it would cease. The night falls fast and it was total darkness. I was like "snailing" in the sea while waiting for backup! I drifted out to the open sea and I was damn worried that a tanker would be coming for me. It was like so dark and cold! Thank goodness I have my flight jacket wetsuit!
I felt so guilty towards Chris to make him suffered with me! I bet he was very hungry then!
By the time the backup came, it was like 10plus! He tried to fixed the engine and forgotten the drift was so strong and eventually we landed up in the shallow water. I had to pull the boat out into deep water but the stupid wave kept pushing the boat to the shore! arghhhh.... I fought there for an hour lah! Can you imagine?
When everything was over, it was already 12am and I had yet to eat my dinner! I was totally famished!
Footnote: Always bring food along in boating!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home