A Drain Life

Monday, October 23, 2006

Change of World

A quiet day in the office! Only 3 staff including myself from the sales team are in the office. One perm staff, one part-timer and one intern. Guess this is the best time to blog! Actually I blog last week but I fell asleep and my mum switched off my laptop and there goes my posting. sigh...

The previous Sat, I nailed 3 new tricks and last sat I nailed another 1. Oh! They are all surface tricks. Despite I nailed the tricks, there's a price to pay! Had a number of face plant and back slam! Now my freaking neck is aching liked hell! I almost injure my knee during the previous training! Had a bad landing during 2 wakes jump but luckily I had the kneebrace to hold my knee. One more surface trick and I am cleared with the novice surface tricks list and welcome to air tricks! Coach Ed wants me to compete in intermediate next year which I am pretty sceptical. Anyway will see how things go and decide later.

I have started teaching beginner to wakeboard at BCP. Last Sunday was my 2nd time and this coming Tuesday(which is tomorrow) will be my first time leading a grp over despite Long will be around to supervise. Last Sunday was a great day for me! A day that changed my status!

Early in the morning, I met this grp of 10 plus people. Majority of them are couples! This particular gal seemed so farmiliar but I simply can't remember who is she. Anyway I din bother to find out till I reached BCP. During the journey, she caught my attention again and again. The first contact I had with her was at the custom. The next contact was when I taught her how to wakeboard. And it was also this time that I got to know her by name!

She fell off from the kneeboard during her first attempt but was successful in the second. Then I started chatting with her and this time Mike came over and joined in the conversation. Mike asked a question which made me very embarrassed. "Are you single?" I was liked, GOSH! WHAT THE HELL? in my head! He then started promoting me and all... haha... funny dude!
But that was the question that brighten my day as her answered was "Yes."

Feeling shy and happy, I started riding. Went a few round and came back. Started exchanging smiles with her and having small talks here and there. Finally had a good long talk with her after lunch and that was the time that I found out we have a lot of similarities. Musical, ballet performance, seasports, school and etc. This was also the time that I found out why she looked so farmiliar to me. We agreed to exchange contacts so that we can ask each other out for these performances.

That Sunday I was trying to learn to pillion people while riding. Firdaus became my passenger but I simply couldn't do it. Did a few times but I failed! Later in the day, she gave me the honour to pillion her. She was my first female passenger! COOL! I was so excited despite I failed to launch off again.

The day came to end and we had to leave for our ferry! I was liked thinking of how to ask her number though she has agreed to give me. When I got into the ferry, I saw her outside the loo and I guessed this was the opportunity and I went for it. She told me she would give me later. Long told me the best time to ask her number was at the the checkpoint.

I started walking slowly in front of her and also get her to take my wallet out from my bag, hoping to be in the same queue as her. I managed to do it she was just in front of me and I was liked hesitating with my phone on my hand. Her frenz tabbed her right shoulder and she turned and looked at me. This moment I plucked up my courage and seized the chance. I went "So can I have your numbe now?" but before that I thanked her frenz for helping me.

Footnote: Change of World!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home